Apologizing into the void, but apologizing nonetheless, on principle.

I have been meaning to start a blog for some time now and it has never been the right time. Then I haphazardly started a blog because I was procrastinating my PhD work and thought I could finally get things moving on blogging last month when I joined an online class on writing a literature review that encouraged us to use a blog to interact with the class...but clearly that didn't work.

I know I'm in poor form. I have major guilt of being one of those people who started a blog with one post and then let it die (but, look, I'm back!). I have guilt about all the blog posts I had planned to write in response to the online course I didn't quite have the energy to take on during a stressful period of my life (but, the class is running again!). I have guilt about the blog posts I had planned---about my research, about my research work flow, about new tools for professional development (but I am looking forward to the upcoming week of blogging and excited about sharing all the ideas swirling in my head!). The icing on the cake today was when I read thru the University of Edinburgh-Social Media Guidelines for staff and researchers about frequency about Social Media posting: "By setting up a social media presence you are committing to maintain it, so publish regularly and relevantly" as part of the 23thingsEdUni online class. So, I get it failed at launching this blog. But, seeing as I didn't have any readers anyway, I am going to recoup my losses and get over my guilt, and move on along. But I felt it was appropriate to apologise to the void anyway anyway. Sorry y'all. 

Here are some pictures that do not absolve my guilt, but do show the result of my efforts last month's non-blogging adventure. 

(1) I passed confirmation and am formally a PhD candidate now! (No promises, but one day soon, I'm planning to write about why this particular milestone was so important to me)
(2) Per my namesake. I ate cheezburgahs. One is at a local burger joint around the corner from me in Fitzroy,  brother burger and the marvellous brew, and the other is a picture of me and my best friend in AU (ST) at the UniMelb GSA Garden Party. So let's be clear that I was not completely derelict in building my blog over the past month.

Onward!

Comments

Popular Posts